Col. Heath D. Fowler is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics and Engineering, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. As mobilization assistant, he leads more than 200 professionals across eight divisions. He is responsible for integrating strategy, policy, resources, performance management, and human capital development in support of the more than 18,500 maintenance, munitions, supply, transportation, civil engineering, and force protection personnel who serve throughout the command. A4 is responsible for integration, advocacy, and oversight of the nation’s largest nuclear weapons storage facility, its Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles, B-1, B-2, and B-52 bombers while also performing lead command functions for the Air Force’s UH-1N helicopter fleet, the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center aircraft (NAOC), and the NC3 system. Colonel Fowler provides combatant commanders with combat ready forces and equipment to conduct strategic nuclear deterrence and global strike operations.
Colonel Fowler is a 1993 graduate of Oklahoma State University. He entered the Air Force through Reserve Officer Training Corps. He has commanded at the group and squadron levels and served at multiple major commands. His maintenance and logistics support experience include C-130 Hercules, B-52H Stratofortress, F-16 Fighting Falcon C/D, Boeing 747-400, KC-135, KC46A, and acquisition logistics. Colonel Fowler has deployed in support of contingency Operations Provide Promise, Southern Watch, and Enduring Freedom.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Okla.
1994 USAF Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1996 USAF Jet Engine Mishap Investigation Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2002 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Masters of Arts Transportation/Logistics Management, American Military University, W. Va
1. October 1993 - March 1994, Student, Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1994 - October 1994, Maintenance Operations Flight, Assistant OIC, 314th Logistics Support Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
3. October 1994 - August 1997, Assistant Sortie Generation Flt Commander then Sortie Generation Flt Commander, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. August 1997 - December 1999, Deputy Chief, Airborne Laser Weapon System Logistics, Airborne Laser System Program Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. November 2000 - May 2005, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 93rd Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. September 2005 - April 2007, Commander, 301st Maintenance Squadron, NAS-JRB Ft. Worth, Texas
7. April 2007 - Febuary 2014 Deputy Commander, 301st Maintenance Group, NAS-JRB Ft. Worth, Texas
8. February 2014 - March 2016, Deputy Chief, Aircraft Maintenance Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. May 2016 - February 2019, Commander, 931st Maintenance Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
10. February 2019 - May 2019, IMA to Commander, 76 Propulsion Maintenance Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. May 2019 - March 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Force
Protection, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
12. March 2021 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director Logistics and Engineering, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Award with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Aug. 23, 1993
First Lieutenant Aug. 23, 1995
Captain Aug. 23, 1997
Major March 25, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 2, 2007
Colonel Feb. 29, 2016
(Current as of April 2021)