Col. Michelle Wagner is the Mobilization Assistant (MA) to the Commander, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency, Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Virginia. The agency operates at three geographically separated sites; the two major locations are Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Virginia, and Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Colonel Wagner provides consultative leadership to more than 44,000 personnel, 76 Military Treatment Facilities and a $6 billion budget. AFMRA oversees the support and execution medical readiness programs, expeditionary medical capabilities and the direct support and implementation of policy, plans and programs for health care operations of the Air Force Medical Service.
Colonel Wagner earned a direct commission in 1995. Throughout her 25-year officer career she commanded an Aeromedical Staging Squadron and the largest Air Force Reserve Aerospace Medicine Squadron serving more than 3.500 personnel. Prior to assuming her current assignment, Colonel Wagner was the Reserve Deputy Command Surgeon for the United States Transportation Command where she supported the patient movement mission, moving over 28,000 patients annually, and collaborated with local, state and National Disaster Medical System representatives to safely move medical evacuees during natural disaster operations. In her civilian capacity, Colonel Wagner owns a financial advisor firm where she manages over 25 million dollars in assets.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Economics, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
1993 Uniform Securities Agent State Law – Series 63, by correspondence
1995 General Securities Representative – Series 7, by correspondence
2001 Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Ariz.
2002 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2006 General Securities Principal, by correspondence
2011 Certified Financial Planner®, by correspondence
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2019 Uniform Investment Advisor Law – Series 65, by correspondence
1. May 1995 – May 1999, Medical Readiness Officer, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2. May 1999 – April 2003, Self-Inspection Manager, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. April 2003 – May 2010, Senior Administrator, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. May 2010 – September 2011, Senior Administrator, 452d Aerospace Medicine Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
5. September 2011 – July 2014, Commander, 452d Aeromedical Staging Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
6. July 2014 – October 2018, Commander, 452d Aerospace Medicine Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
7. October 2018 – November 2019, Reserve Deputy Command Surgeon, Joint Transportation Reserve Unit, 954th Reserve Support Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. November 2019 – Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency, Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
2018 – 2019, Reserve Deputy Command Surgeon, Joint Transportation Reserve Unit, 954th Reserve Support Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant May 26, 1995
First Lieutenant May 26, 1997
Captain Sept. 30, 1999
Major Sept. 30, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel May 28, 2010
Colonel March 25, 2015
(Current as of June 2020)