Col. James T. Moore is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. He shares responsibility for leading a world-class industrial and logistics workforce of over 7,200 military and civilian personnel. The complex performs programed depot maintenance and modification on all variants of the F-15, C-130, C-5, and C-17, RQ-4, E-8, and special operations forces aircraft. The installation workforce also performs maintenance, repair, and overhaul of diverse aircraft components, avionics and electronic warfare equipment, along with development and sustainment of mission-critical software, test program sets, and automated test equipment. He also leads and manages the complex’s assigned Air Force Reserve workforce.
Colonel Moore began his career enlisting in the United States Air Force in May, 1986 and was commissioned a second lieutenant in 1996 through the Deserving Airmen Commissioning program. During his career he served in a variety of operational and acquisition positions. His command experience includes two aerial ports squadrons, a logistics readiness squadron and a Deputy Commander of a Mission Support Group. Colonel Moore deployed to Incirlik AB, Turkey as the deployed logistics plans officer and to Balad AB, Iraq as the Director of Operations for the 332d ELRS, which at the time, was the largest logistics squadron in the Department of Defense.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Moore was the Deputy Director to the Program Executive Officer (PEO) for Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. In this capacity he led more than 1,600 military and civilian personnel responsible for executing 5.1 billion dollars annually in Air Force funds. The directorate’s six divisions, located primarily at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, Robins Air Force Base, Ga., and Heath, Ohio, provide materiel solutions and acquisition life cycle management for simulators, support equipment and vehicles, electronic warfare and avionics, human systems, automatic test systems, and metrology and calibration to meet Air Force operational needs.
1993 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, The Ohio State University, Ohio
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Intermediate Wartime Contingency Course, AMWC, Ft Dix, N.J.
2002 Master of Arts in Public Policy and Management, The Ohio State University, Ohio
2003 Squadron Officer School, Air University, by correspondence
2006 AFRC Squadron Commander Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, by correspondence
2014 Air War College, Air University, by correspondence
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, NAS, Va.
DAWIA: Program Management Level II
DAWIA: Business-Cost Estimating Level II
DoD Financial Management Level II
1. May 1986 – September 1996, Various active/reserve enlisted transportation assignments, 3205th Transportation Sq, Eglin AFB, FL, 40th Mobile Aerial Port Sq, Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, OH, and 87th Aerial Port Sq, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
2. September 1996 – November 2002, Transportation Officer, OIC Air Terminal Operations Center, 87th Aerial Port Sq, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
3. November 2002 – October 2005, Logistics Readiness Officer, 87th Aerial Port Sq, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
4. December 2005 – October 2009, Commander, 49th Aerial Port Sq, Grissom ARB, Ind. (May – July 2008, deployed Logistics Plans officer, 385th Air Expeditionary Group, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey), (January 2009 – June 2009, Director of Operations, 332nd Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq).
5. June 2009 – October 2009, Commander, 49th Aerial Port Sq, Grissom ARB, Ind.
6. October 2009 – February 2012, Commander and Director of Operations, 32nd Aerial Port Sq, Pittsburgh International Airport, Air Reserve Station, Pa.
7. March 2012 – May 2014, Deptuy Commander, 434th Mission Support Group, Grissom ARB, Ind.
8. May 2014 – March 2015, Dual-Hatted as Deputy Commander, 434th Mission Support Group and Commander 434th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
9. March 2015 – May 2015, Deputy Commander, 434th Mission Support Group, Grissom ARB, Ind.
10. May 2015 – June 2016, Senior IMA to AFPEO/Director, Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
11. June 2016 – February 2018, Associate Deputy Director to AFPEO/Director, Mobility Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
12. March 2018 – August 2019, Deputy Director, Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Lifecycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
13. October 2019 – Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one campaign star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1996
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1998
Captain Sept. 29, 2000
Major Sept. 29, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2010
Colonel May 11, 2015
(Current as of June 2021)