Col. Harold W. Linnean is the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC). He is responsible for policies, programs, and objectives involving readiness, assignments, education and training, separation, retirement, career progression, classification, manpower, services support, and quality of life. He supports 3 numbered air forces, 37 wings, Air Reserve Personnel Center, and more than 74,000 Air Force Reserve military and civilian personnel.
Prior to his current position, Colonel Linnean served as the Director of the AFRC Professional Development Center. As AFRC’s only Professional Development Center, he was responsible for professional development that postures, develops, and connects our Citizen Airmen leaders in an effort to enhance their lethality and resilience in dynamic environments.
Colonel Linnean entered the Air Force in 1995 after graduating from The Citadel’s Air Force Reserve Officer Training Commissioning program. His 25 years of Air Force service has included numerous command tours at the squadron, group, and wing levels; three Major Command director tours; and various staff and educational assignments.
1995 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
1998 Master’s of Science Degree in Human Resource Management, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
** Awarded Dean’s Research Award for ACSC Thesis
2007 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 AFSO21 Green Belt Certification Course
2011 Cyber Transition Course (X-Course) (Correspondence)
2012 Air War College (Correspondence)
2013 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 AFSO21 Black Belt Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense Univ., Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
1. Oct 1995 - Dec 1996, deputy chief, Base Network Control Center, 42nd Communications Squadron (CS),
Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. Dec 1996 - Jun 1997, chief, Records Management, 42 CS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. Jun 1997 - Apr 1998, flight commander, Support Flight, 42 CS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. Apr 1998 - Jan 2000, flight commander, Mission Systems Flight, 82 CS, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. Jan 2000 - May 2001, executive officer, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. May 2001 - Jul 2002, officer-in-charge, Network Operations Security Center, Directorate of Communications &
Information, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command (HQ AFRC), Robins AFB, Ga.
7. Jul 2002 - Feb 2005, assistant chief, Force Readiness Management Branch, Directorate of
Communications and Information, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. Feb 2005 - Apr 2006, special action officer, Commander’s Action Group, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. Apr 2006 - Aug 2006, management analysis officer, Directorate of Recruiting, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. Aug 2006 - Jul 2007, student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. Jul 2007 - Aug 2009, commander, Eastern Recruiting Squadron, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
12. Aug 2009 - Jun 2011, chief, Advertising and Information Systems, Recruiting Service, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. Dec 2010 - Jun 2011, commander, 64th Expeditionary Support Squadron and deputy commander, 64th Air
Expeditionary Group, Eskan Village, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
14. Jun 2011 - Jul 2012, assistant executive officer to the commander, Air Force Reserve Command, HQ AFRC,
Robins AFB, Ga.
15. Jul 2012 - Jul 2013, student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. Aug 2013 - Mar 2015, commander, 908th Mission Support Group, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. Mar 2015 - Jan 2017, director, Analyses, Lessons Learned, and AF CPI, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. Jan 2017 - Aug 2018, commander, Air Force Reserve Command Recruiting Service, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. Aug 2018 - Mar 2019, commander, 960th Cyberspace Operations Group, Joint Base-San Antonio, Texas
20. Mar 2019 - Aug 2019, vice commander, 960th Cyberspace Wing, Joint Base-San Antonio, Texas
21. Aug 2019 – Aug 2020, director, AFRC Professional Development Center, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. Aug 2020 – Present, director, Manpower Personnel and Services, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two “M” devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1995
First Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1997
Captain Sept. 28, 1999
Major Sept. 28, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 28, 2008
Colonel Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of September 2020)