Col. André McMillian is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is responsible for policy, guidance, training and resources in support of more than 49,000 total force logistics, civil engineering and force protection personnel, and 1,074 aircraft at 10 major installations in the United States and nearly 100 locations worldwide. His directorate also provides direct support to Eighteenth Air Force, AMC’s sole warfighting Numbered Air Force, and the U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, the Air Force’s Center of Excellence for enroute, contingency response and partnership capacity building mission sets.
Colonel McMillian received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy and entered the Air Force Reserve in 2007. He has held leadership positions at 10th Air Force, Air Staff, and Joint Staff. He has also commanded at group and squadron levels.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel McMillian was the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering, Force Protection, and Nuclear Integration for Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
1996 Bachelor of Science degree, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Arts degree, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2013 Master of Science degree, Eisenhower School for National Security & Resource Strategy, Washington, D.C.
2014 Executive Program Manager Course, Defense Acquisition University, Ft. Belvoir, Va.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2021 Fellow, Seminar XXI, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. August 1996 – May 1997, Assistant Regional Director of Admissions, AF ROTC Detachment 195, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, lll.
2. May 1997 – June 1998, Armament Systems Flight Commander, 58th Maintenance Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
3. June 1998 – March 1999, Operations Flight Commander, 58th Logistics Support Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. March 1999 – November 1999, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 551st Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. November 1999 – September 2000, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 627th Air Mobility Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall AB, England
6. September 2000 – September 2001, Officer in Charge, Aerial Port Operations, 727th Air Mobility Squadron, RAF Mildenhall AB, England
7. September 2001 – July 2002, Officer in Charge, Passenger Services, 727th Air Mobility Squadron, RAF Mildenhall AB, England
8. July 2002 – July 2003, Command Presentations Officer, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. July 2003 – June 2005, Strategic Policy Fellow, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. June 2005 – June 2007, Operations Officer, 723rd Air Mobility Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. July 2007- February 2008, Operations Officer, 439th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
12. February 2008 – October 2009, Commander, 439th Maintenance Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
13. October 2009 – July 2012, Commander, 439th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
14. July 2012 – July 2013, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security & Resource Strategy, Washington D.C.
15. July 2013 – June 2016, Deputy Chief, Logistics Transformation and Execution Division, Directorate of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations & Mission Support, HQ Air Force, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. July 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 94th Maintenance Group, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
17. July 2018 – May 2019, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
18. May 2019 – June 2020, Deputy Director, Joint Logistics Operations Center, J-4 Logistics Directorate, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
19. June 2020 – September 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, HQ Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. October 2021 – present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
May 2019 – June 2020, Deputy Director, Joint Logistics Operations Center, J-4 Logistics Directorate, Joint Chiefs of Staff,
Pentagon, Washington DC, as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four devices
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with one device
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award with four devices
AF Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 29, 1998
Captain May 29, 2000
Major May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 23, 2011
Colonel July 19, 2016
(Current as of October 2021)