Col. Tara E. Nolan is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. The major command supports the deployment, basing, sustainment and redeployment of military forces across an area of operations covering 19 million square miles and 104 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. As the Senior Reservist, she assists the director in leading 63,000 military members at 10 wings and 83 geographically separated units.
Col. Nolan was commissioned in 1994 through the United States Air Force Academy. As a logistics officer and cross flow aviator she has served in a variety of positions at the squadron, group, wing and staff levels. In United States Indo-Pacific Command (USPACOM), Colonel Nolan was an operations officer (J3) and exercise planner (J7) focusing on Terminal Fury. Colonel Nolan deployed as Chief Stage Manager, Moron Air Base, Spain supporting the C-5/C-17 Air Bridge.
Col. Nolan is a senior pilot with more than 1,650 hours in T-37, T-1, C-130E, C-130H, and C-130H3 aircraft. She has flown combat missions in operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. Prior to her current assignment, Colonel Nolan was the commander of the 302 Mission Support Group, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
1994 Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, USAFA, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Contingency Wartime Planner’s course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1997 Masters of Business Administration, University of West Florida, Fla.
1998 Master of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Colo.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2013 Air War College, Distance Learning Program
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington DC
2016 Joint Maritime Operations, Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island
2019 Emergency Operations Center, Director’s Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Senior Officer Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Mission Support Group Commander’s Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Senior Leader Mission Generation Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Joint and Combined Warfighting School-Hybrid, Norfolk, Va.
2019 Aspen Executive Leadership Seminar, the Aspen Institute, Aspen, Colo.
2021 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. June 1990 – June 1994, Cadet, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2. June 1994 – April 1996, Deputy Chief Logistics Support Flight, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
3. May 1996 – December 1997, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
4. January 1998 – July 1998, Deputy Commander, Logistics Plans Flight, Yokota Air Base, Japan
5. August 1998 – November 1999, Student, Vance Air Force Base, Enid Okla.
6. December 1999 – November 2003, C-130H Aircraft Commander and Deputy Chief Plans and Mobility Officer, 39th Airlift Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
7. February 2002 – March 2002, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
8. December 2003 – August 2004, C-130E Aircraft Commander and Chief Executive Officer, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
9. September 2004 – July 2006, Flight Commander and C-130H3/E Aircraft Commander, 463 Airlift Group Current Operations, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
10. July 2006 – November 2006, Assistant Director of Operations and C-130H3/E Aircraft Commander, 463 Airlift Group Current Operations, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
11. November 2006 – 2009, Director of Human Resources and Instructor of Biology, United States Air Force Academy
12. August 2009 – September 2011, Exercise Planner, USPACOM J711, Camp Smith Hawaii
13. September 2011 – September 2013, OPSO, USPACOM J3, Camp Smith Hawaii
14. September 2013 – January 2016, Chief of Operations, DLA Energy, Fort Belvoir, National Capital Region (NCR)
15. January 2016 – October 2017, A4 IT Integration, DCS/Logistics, Engineering & Force Protection, Pentagon, Washington DC
16. October 2017 – December 2018 Commander, 96 Aerial Port Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
17. December 2018 – August 2021, Commander 302 Mission Support Group, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
18. August 2021—Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2009 – September 2011, Exercise Planner, USPACOM J711, Camp Smith Hawaii, as a major
2. September 2011 – September 2013, Operations Officer, USPACOM J3, Camp Smith Hawaii, as a lieutenant colonel
3. September 2013 – January 2016, Chief of Operations, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy, Fort Belvoir, NCR, as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: Senior Pilot Flight hours: Over 1650
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-1, C-130H3, C-130E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device Combat
“Developing Enterprise Connectivity for Logisticians,” The Exceptional Release, Winter 2017
“Regulation of GnRH RECEPTOR mRNA: Interaction of GnRH and ESTRADIOL,” Society for the Study of Reproduction, Biology of Reproduction/Volume 56/Supplement 1, 1997
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major Sept. 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 5, 2011
Colonel May 1, 2018
(Current as of August 2021)