HomeNewsArticle Display

Verification of Service and Retired Pay for Divorce Proceedings

This graphic highlights which uploaded articles to the website are also in myPers.

This graphic highlights which uploaded articles to the website are also in myPers.

This guidance provides the process for obtaining verification of service and retired pay for divorce proceedings as well as basic information for Former Spouses and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO).

Verification of Service for Divorce Proceedings

Airmen can request assistance regarding retired pay benefits for divorce proceedings.

Airmen in the process of a divorce may need information from HQ Air Reserve Personnel Center (ARPC) regarding military retirement. In order to receive this information, and in compliance with the confidentiality provisions under the Privacy Act of 1974, HQ ARPC must receive a written request from the member or a court order signed by the judge presiding over the case.

The written request must include the member's social security number, date of marriage, and the date of separation/divorce. Forward requests via mail to HQ ARPC/DPT, Retirements Branch, 18420 E. Silver Creek Ave, Bldg 390 MS 68, Buckley AFB, CO 80011, or fax to 1-478-327-2215 (DSN 497-2215).

You may submit your request through the virtual Personnel Center (vPC) by scanning and attaching the letter to the online application. To access the application, the following steps will direct you to the online application:

  1. Log onto vPC (CAC required)
  2. On the upper right hand column under the “Online Services” tab
  3. Click on the "New Request"
  4. In the “New Support Request”, complete the personal information boxes
  5. Next, in the “Request Category” box, select “Retirement Issues”
  6. In the “Request Type” box, select “Miscellaneous”
  7. In the “Request Subject” and “Request Details” box, simply enter information on your request
  8. Finally, click the “Submit Request” box and your request will be generated for processing.

Note: All methods of delivery need 30 calendar days for processing.

Former Spouse Identification (ID) Card

An un-remarried former spouse may be entitled to an ID card if married to a uniformed service member for at least 20 years, and the member had at least 20 years of service creditable in determining eligibility to retired pay, and the marriage overlapped by:

  • 20 or more years (20/20/20)
  • 15 years, but less than 20 years (20/20/15); eligible for 1 year from the date of the divorce

HQ ARPC will provide service verification, upon request, to the ID card issuing office. Other questions of eligibility or entitlements should be addressed directly to the ID card issuing office.

QDRO: If your attorney needs assistance in drafting a QDRO, please go to: DFAS Garnishment or contact DFAS Garnishment Operations at 1-888-332-7411, select option 6.