Colonel Christopher R. Simpson is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. As mobilization assistant, he leads more than 200 professionals across eight divisions. He is responsible for integrating strategy, policy, resources, performance management and human capital development in support of the more than 18,500 maintenance, munitions, supply, transportation, civil engineering, and force protection personnel who serve throughout the command. A4 is responsible for integration, advocacy, and oversight of the nation’s largest nuclear weapons storage facility, its Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles, B-1, B-2 and B-52 bombers while also performing lead command functions for the Air Force’s UH-1N helicopter fleet, the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center aircraft (NAOC), and the NC3 system. Col Simpson provides combatant commanders with combat ready forces and equipment to conduct strategic nuclear deterrence and global strike operations.
Col Simpson was commissioned in 1991 as an Air Force ROTC distinguished graduate from The Citadel in Charleston, S.C. His command assignments include mission support group and three squadron commands, one as the deployed Defense Force Commander at Kirkuk Regional Air Base, Iraq. His staff assignments include four Major Command tours at Air Combat Command, Air Force Reserve Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, and Air Force Global Strike Command. Col Simpson’s previous assignment was as the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
In his civilian capacity, Col Simpson is a NH-04 Business and Technical Management Professional at Eglin AFB, Florida where he serves as the 96th Test Wing’s Director of Information Protection, providing Acquisition and Test Security, Foreign Disclosure and Special Access Program support to the 96th Test Wing, five tenant wings, and 35 associate units.
1991 Bachelor of Arts in History, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
1996 Squadron Officers School, In Residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2011 Air War College, In Residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Masters of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Force Civilian Leadership Course, Airlie Center, Warrenton, Va.
1. October 1991 - November 1994, Shift Commander, 410 SPS, K. I. Sawyer AFB, Mich.
2. November 1994 - September 1997, Flight Commander Resources and Training, 100 SFS, RAF Mildenhall, UK
3. September 1997 - September 1999, Chief of Security Forces Plans & Programs Branch, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
4. September 1999 - August 2001, Chief of Security Forces, 934 SFS, Minneapolis-St. Paul ARS, Minn.
5. August 2001 - August 2005, Chief of Antiterrorism and Force Protection, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. September 2005 - January 2006, Deputy Commander, 908 MSG, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. January 2006 - June 2007, Commander 908 SFS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2007 - July 2010, Commander 919 SFS, Eglin AFB Field 3 (Duke Field), Fla.
9. August 2008 - February 2009, Commander 506 ESFS, Kirkuk Regional Air Base, Iraq
10. April 2009 - July 2010, Chief of Security Forces, HQ AFSOC/A7S, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
11. July 2010 - May 2011, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2011 - September 2012, IMA to the Chief of Security Forces, HQ AFGSC/A7S, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. October 2012 - October 2015, Deputy Chief of Security Forces, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. October 2015 - November 2017, Commander 932 MSG, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. November 2017 - November 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, HQ AFIMSC, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
16. November 2018 - Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, HQ AFGSC/A4, Barksdale AFB, La.
Meritorious Service Medal (with 6 oak leaf clusters)
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, 4 devices
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award, 2 devices
National Defense Service Medal with star
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal, 1 device
2011 AFA General George C. Kenny Award
2001 AFRC Security Forces CGO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 20, 1991
First Lieutenant July 20, 1993
Captain July 20, 1995
Major April 20, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Aug 2, 2007
Colonel Feb 17, 2012
(Current as of November 2018)