The following procedures are for Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve Casualty Reporting Procedures for Casualty Assistance Representatives (CARs):
If duty status is:
- Active Duty (AD)
- Active Duty for Training (ADT)
- Inactive Duty for Training (IDT)
- Performing authorized travel directly to or from such duties
Randolph AFB, Texas
DSN 665-3505 or
Commercial 210-565-3505 or
- Non-duty (Guard/Reserve)
- Retired Air Reserve Component servicemember not eligible to receive retirement pay (Gray Area)
- USAFR participating servicemembers (Unit Assigned/IMA)
- USAFR nonparticipating service member (IRR)
Please contact a Casualty Assistance Representative (CAR) to report a casualty. You can find a local CAR by calling 877-353-6807.
The CAR should submit a Casualty Report form through myPers incident to report a non-duty status casualty.
Casualty Assistance Representatives can contact ARPC at 720-847-3500 or DSN 847-3500.
- Guard/Reserve service member older than age 60 and receiving retired pay
Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)-Cleveland at 800-321-1080
Prepare a Defense Casualty Information Processing System (DCIPS) message for all members in duty status. Access to download the DCIPS must be requested through AFPC/DPWCS (Air Force Casualty) via e-mail at AFPC.Casualty@us.af.mil or by calling DSN 665-3505.
Review these training slides for required information when reporting member's death to ARPC Casualty Office.
CARS: For additional information or training, please visit the Casualty Assistance SharePoint page.
CAR Training Information
CAR Non-Duty Status Training Slides