Applicable to: Air Force Reserve
Reserve of the Air Force Officer promotion orders are generated monthly and as needed based on special circumstances such as, Accelerated Promotion requests, Acceptance of a Previously Delayed Promotion, and Special Selection Board (SSB)/SB (Special Board) selections. All orders are uploaded into the Automated Records Management System (ARMS) and can be obtained, by request, through the servicing CSS/MPS.
Monthly Promotion Orders
Promotion orders will be available no later than the last duty day of the month prior to the officer's projected promotion date.For example: if an officer has a projected Date of Rank (DOR) the month of October, the orders will be complete and uploaded into ARMS no later than 30 September.
1. Members can obtain a copy of their monthly promotion order by requesting a copy through their CSS/MPS or submitting a request through the Virtual Personnel Center (vPC) Dashboard using the instructions below. *We encourage customers to request orders through their CSS/MPS before sending an order request through the vPC as board proceedings may take precedence over customer inquiries, which can cause processing delays.*
2. Advanced copies of monthly promotion orders cannot be requested earlier than 30 days prior to the projected DOR.
Out of Cycle Promotion Orders
Special types of officer promotion orders:
* Accelerated Promotion & Acceptance of a Previously Delayed Promotion: Orders are uploaded into "My Documents" via myPers immediately upon publication. Note: Orders will be uploaded into the requesters (usually CSS/MPS) vPC account or can be retrieved via ARMS by the CSS/MPS.
* SSB/SB: Orders are uploaded into "My Documents" via myPers or can be retrieved via ARMS by the CSS/MPS. Note: if a member is no longer in the service or is in the Individual Ready Reserve, a copy of the promotion order is available upon request using the instructions listed below. Additionally, the officer must have an accurate e-mail address updated in the Military Personnel Data System.
Request for a Copy of a Promotion Order
Submit requests through the virtual Personnel Center (vPC) Dashboard.
1. Click on the "Action Requests" tab
2. Select "Create a New Support Request" in the box on the upper left hand side
3. In the "Component" box, select the component, than select "Officer"
4. In the "Category" box, select "Promotions"
5. In the "Subject" box, type "Officer Promotion Order Request"
6. In the "Question" box, type in the grade to which you are requesting the order and provide the Date of Rank for that grade (Example: Major; 01 Oct 14)
7. Select "Continue"
8. Finally, click the "Finish Submitting" button, this request will be forwarded for processing
NOTE: Requests submitted through vPC, for Guard and Reserve officers, will be processed and uploaded into the "My Documents" link listed directly under the "New Request" link, unless another delivery method is specified.