BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
HQ RIO Readiness Training team will be hosting the IR Orientation at HQ RIO, Buckley AFB, Colo. The course provides the Individual Reservist (IR) with tools and information to effectively manage their Air Force career. Although this training is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
Class dates are as follows: Feb 19-21 2019, May 21-23 2019 and 20-22 Aug 2019
The deadline to apply for the February IR Orientation is December 3, 2018; the deadline for the May IR Orientation is February 1, 2019; and the deadline for the August IR Orientation is May 1, 2019.
All attendees must be in a School Tour status, requested through AROWS-R. Annual tour or IDTs cannot be utilized for attendance. The RIO Readiness & Training team will follow up with each attendee to confirm course admittance, pending seat availability. The maximum number of attendees for each course is 50. The Readiness team will also be coordinating with your assigned detachment to ensure your readiness status. If you have anything that may hinder you from being placed on orders (i.e., medical) you will be placed lower on the priority listing or may be eliminated as a candidate.
- Log-in to myPers (http://mypers.af.mil)
- Select "Incidents/Messages" under My Account (top left of home screen, below the myPers logo and site navigation bar)
- Select "Email Us"
- Component - "Air Reserve"
- Category - "Training"
- Subject - "IR Orientation February 2019, May 2019, or August 2019" (indicate which date you wish to attend)
- Question – Supply the required registration information listed below
- Detachment assigned
- Date gained to IMA program
- Name (Last Name, First Name)
- Contact number (duty phone or cell phone)
- E-mail address
- Is lodging being request (yes or no)
- Travel mode
- GTC (yes or no) Note: It is a mandatory requirement to have your GTC.
Space is limited and applications must be received by deadlines listed above.
If you encounter any issues, please contact your servicing HQ RIO Detachment for support.