Chief Master Sergeant Jeanette A. Masters is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo. She represents the highest level of enlisted leadership in the center which involves advising the commander on all matters concerning the health, morale, welfare and effective utilization of more than 400 active duty, guardsmen, civilian employees and reserve enlisted members both on site and at various operating locations across the nation.
Chief Masters also serves as Command Chief for 170 full-time Airmen, assigned to HQ Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization, who support ten major commands and nine combatant commands around the globe. In addition, she collaborates with the HQ RIO commander on enlisted matters concerning HQ RIO's 7,600 individual reservists across the world. HQ RIO is structured within the Air Reserve Personnel Center. Chief Masters provides leadership and guidance as the commander's representative to numerous committees, councils, boards, military and civilian functions worldwide.
Chief Masters grew up in New Castle, Pa.. She entered the Air Force in February 1984 and began her Air Force career in Information Management at Castle AFB, Calif. While on active duty, she served at the wing and NAF levels in various duties to include Protocol, Unit Training Manager, and SAV team member. In 1990 she left the Air Force and went to work for the Defense Intelligence Agency and served as Information Manager in the Defense Attaché Office at the United States Embassy, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The chief enlisted into the Air Force Reserve in 1994 and was assigned to the 916th Maintenance Group at Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C., where she served in various Information Management positions. During this time she also served as Public Affairs Director for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, N.C. She entered the inactive ready reserve in 1998 and continued her civilian career as Executive Director for the Topsail Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism, N.C. She reentered the Air Force Reserve in 2003. In 2005 she began a career with Recruiting Service. Her recruiting background includes Line Recruiter, Health Professions Recruiter, Physician Recruiter, In-Service/Lead Recruiter, Flight Chief, and Superintendent. She also served as Air Force Recruiting Information Support System - Total Force Program Manager and Liaison to Air Force Recruiting Service, HQ Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas, where she led a SECAF's "Top Ten" Total Force IT initiative.
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, March AFB, Calif.
1996 Associate of Science, General Studies, Coastal Carolina Community College, Jacksonville, N.C.
1997 Associate of Science, Information Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
1999 Bachelor of Science, Business Management and Organization Development, Mount Olive College, Mount Olive, N.C.
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2006 Associate of Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Master of Arts, Strategic Communication and Leadership, Seton Hall University, N.J.
2013 Project Management Certification, San Antonio, Texas
2014 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2015 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, March ARB, Calif.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2016 Command Chief Orientation Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2017 Air Force Reserve Command, Command Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2017 Keystone Joint Leadership Course, National Defense University (NDU), Washington, D.C.
1. June 1984 - August 1986, Information Management, 93rd Deputy Commander for Maintenance, Castle AFB, Calif.
2. August 1986 - May 1987, NCOIC Protocol, 93rd Bombardment Wing, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. May 1987 - August 1989, NCOIC, Orderly Room and Unit Training Manager, 15th Air Force, March AFB, Calif.
4. May 1987 - December 1990, Staff Assistance Visit Team Member, 15th Air Force, March AFB, Calif.
5. December 1989 -December 1990, NCOIC Inspections and Inquiries, 15th Air Force, March AFB, Calif.
6. May 1995 - April 1999, NCOIC, Orderly Room, 916th Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. September 2003 - April 2004, NCOIC, 916th Maintenance Group Commander Support Staff, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
8. June 2005 - August 2007, Line Recruiter, Westover Air Reserve Base, Mass.
9. September 2007 - September 2009, Health Professions/Physician Recruiter, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
10. October 2009 - June 2010, In-Service Recruiter/Lead, Bolling AFB and Pentagon, D.C.
11. July 2010 - July 2012, Flight Chief, Pope Field, N.C.
12. August 2012 - March 2013, Deputy Program Manager AFRISS-TF, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
13. April 2013 - November 2014, Program Manager AFRISS-TF, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
14. December 2014 - November 2015, Western Recruiting Squadron Superintendent, March ARB, Calif.
15. December 2015 - December 2016, March Flight Chief, 452 Air Mobility Wing, March ARB, Calif.
16. January 2017 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, HQ Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
1986 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1988 John Levitow Award, Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School
1989 Stripes to Exceptional Performers Promotion to Staff Sgt.
2003 Topsail Area Woman of the Year
2003 New Rotarian of the Year
2004 Commandant’s Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2007/2009 Century Club, Recruiting Service
2008 Top Physician Recruiter
2009 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2012 Top Flight Chief, Silver
Air Force Sergeants Association
Air Force Association
ARPC Top Three
Buckley Chiefs Group
Reserve Officer Association
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Feb. 23, 1984
Airman Aug. 22, 1985
Airman First Class Aug. 22, 1986
Senior Airman Feb. 1, 1987
Sergeant Aug. 22, 1987
Staff Sergeant May 1, 1989
Technical Sergeant Jan. 1, 1997
Master Sergeant Jan. 1, 2005
Senior Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2010
Chief Master Sergeant May 1, 2013
(Current as of January 2018)