Colonel Belinda Petersen serves as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, where she is responsible for providing personnel support to more than 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, active duty, and retired members, ensuring they are ready to deliver strategic Total Force war-fighting capability for the Air Force. From initial entry to retirement, the center provides world-class support for “Generations of Airmen” throughout their military careers.
Colonel Petersen was commissioned in 1992 through the Air Force ROTC program and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics at Creighton University. After receiving her master’s degree in 1994, her first duty station was Yokota Air Base, Japan, as a Squadron Section Commander and then Chief of Protocol. In 2000, she transitioned from active duty to the Air Force Reserve through the Palace Chase program. She served as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee for 12 years and volunteered for several assignments including Air Combat Command and the Air Force Personnel Center.
1992 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
1994 Master of Science in Mathematics, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
2002 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2002 Defense Information School, Fort Meade, Maryland
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, in-residence
2012 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2015 Reserve Component National Security Course, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1994 – March 1995, Squadron Section Commander, 374th Transportation Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
2. March 1995 – June 1997, Squadron Section Commander, 374th Maintenance Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
3. June 1997 – May 1999, Chief of Protocol, 374th Airlift Wing, Yokota AB, Japan
4. May 1999 – June 2000, Chief of Financial Management Branch, Air Force Operational and Test Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. June 2000 – Feb. 2001, Protocol Officer, U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan, South Korea (June 2000 – May 2003, Protocol Officer, Airborne Laser System Program Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.)
6. February 2001 – July 2011, Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb. (June 2007 – June 2009, Public Affairs Officer, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.; Oct 2009 – May 2011, Public Affairs Officer, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas)
7. July 2011 – May 2012, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2012 – May 2015, Director of Public Affairs, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
9. May 2015 – March 2018, Chief of Force Development, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
10. April 2018 – present, IMA to ARPC/CV, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
1. August 1993 – Aug 1994, Teacher’s Assistant, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
2. September 1994 – May 1996, Math/Trigonometry Instructor, University of Maryland, Yokota AB, Japan
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. February 2001 – Nov. 2007, Special Assistant to Chief, Community Relations Branch, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a major
2. November 2007 – June 2008, Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a major
3. June 2008 – Sept. 2008, IMA to Chief, Outreach, Public Affairs, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a major
4. September 2008 – Jul 2011, IMA to Chief, Operations, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 5, 1994
First Lieutenant July 7, 1995
Captain July 7, 1997
Major Dec. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 23, 2010
Colonel April 1, 2015
(Current as of May 2018)