Colonel Kos received his commission in 1990 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of North Texas, Denton, Texas. He has served in a variety of positions to include aircraft commander, instructor, evaluator, spin demonstration pilot, Air Liaison Officer, Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), and Air Advisor. Colonel Kos has also commanded at the squadron level.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Kos was the Vice Wing Commander of the 926th Wing at Nellis AFB, Nevada. He is a command pilot with over 3,400 flying hours. In his civilian capacity, the colonel is a pilot with a major U.S. airline.
1990 Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. 2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Master of Arts, Homeland Security, American Military University
1. February 1991 - April 1992, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. April 1992 - July 1992, Student, C-130 initial qualification, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
3. September 1992 - February 1994, Pilot, 2nd Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
4. February 1994 - July 1994, Pilot, 8th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. July 1994 - November 1996, Aircraft Commander, 16th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. November 1996 - February1997, PIT student, 559th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. February 1997 - March 2000, Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander and Spin Demo Pilot, 84th and 85th Flying Test Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
8. March 2000 - December 2000, T-37B Instructor Pilot, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
9. December 2003 - August 2008, Air Liaison Officer and Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 116th Air Support Operations Squadron, Washington Air National Guard, Camp Murray, Wash.
10. August 2008 - January 2010, Instructor, Joint Fires Observer Course, Fort Sill, Okla.
11. January 2010 - June 2012, Assistant Director of Operations, 78th Attack Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
12. June 2012 - January 2013, MQ-1B Pilot, 2nd SOS, Nellis AFB, NevadaJanuary 2013 - July 2015, RPA Subject Matter Expert, A3 Air, Space and Information Operations Directorate, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
13. August 2015 - June 2016, Commander, 2nd SOS, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. June 2016 - August 2018, Deputy Director, A3/A5 Directorate, 10th AF, NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas (February 2018 – June 2018, Director, CJ1/7, 438th Air Expeditionary Wing, Kabul, Afghanistan)
15. August 2018 - March 2019, Vice Wing Commander, 926th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nevada
16. March 2019 - Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Strategic Plans, Programs, and Requirements, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt, Field, Fla.