Mr. Christopher Humphrey is the Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado. He is responsible for financial management operations and financial services support to nearly 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Regular Air Force and retired members. From initial entry to retirement, the center provides world-class support for "Generations of Airmen" throughout their military careers. As the Comptroller, he is responsible for the annual execution of nearly $200M in the Reserve Personnel Appropriation, and more than $20M of Operations and Maintenance funding.
Mr. Humphrey earned his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 2000. Prior to his current position, he was the Commander and Comptroller, 460th Space Wing Comptroller Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo. In his prior civilian capacity, Humphrey was the Chief of Financial Management for the MILSATCOM Systems Directorate, Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
During his nineteen-year Air Force career (active duty, reserve, and DAF civilian), Humphrey has served in six separate Systems Program Offices at two major acquisition centers, to include the Air Armament Center (AAC) and the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC). He also worked at the MAJCOM level, and two major direct reporting units. In previous civilian roles for Air Force Space Command, he has executed several of the largest acquisition portfolios in the Air Force, to include budget chief roles in the Global Positioning Systems Directorate, MILSATCOM Systems Directorate, Advanced Systems and Development Directorate, and the Launch Enterprise Directorate.
2000 Bachelor of Science degree in Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2002 Aerospace Basic Course [ASBC], in residence
2004 Master of Business Administration degree, University of Colorado‐Colorado Springs, Colo.
2006 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Air Force Civilian Leadership Course (CDE)
1. August 2000‐July 2001, Financial Manager (2Lt) for the Range Instrumentation Systems Program Office, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. July 2001‐July 2002, Budget Analyst/Program Manager (1Lt) for the Combat Support Systems Program Office, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. September 2002‐July 2006, Comptroller/Instructor (Capt), United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
4. July 2006‐September 2007, Budget Analyst Lead (Capt) for Command Control Systems‐Consolidated, MILSATCOM Systems Wing, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
5. June 2009‐June 2012, MILSATCOM Program Control (Maj‐USAFR), MILSATCOM Systems Wing, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
6. October 2007‐August 2009, Deputy Budget Chief (GS12) for Protected SATCOM Group, MILSATCOM Systems Wing, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
7. August 2009‐August 2011, Program Control Lead (GS13) for US Nuclear Detonation Detection System, GPS Directorate, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
8. August 2011‐September 2012, Chief, Financial Management (GG14), Launch Systems Directorate, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
9. October 2012‐April 2014, Chief of Acquisition Support (GS14), HQ AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. August 2012‐2016, IMA to the Chief (Maj), Financial Management and Comptroller Directorate, HQ AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. February 2014‐December 2016, Chief, Financial Management (GG14), MILSATCOM Systems Directorate, SMC, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
12. 12 December 16-18 July 2018, Commander, 460th Comptroller Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
13. 3 August 2018- 10 March 2019, Chief of Resource Integration, HQ Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization, Buckley AFB, Colo.
14. 10 March 2019 – present, Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
AF Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
United States Air Force Academy Outstanding Educator of the Year, 2006
SMC Lance P. Sijan Award Winner (FGO), 2012
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain May 31, 2004
GS12 June 10, 2007
GS13 Aug. 29, 2009
Major Jan. 03, 2011
GS14 Aug. 15, 2011
Lt Col Jan. 03, 2018
(Current as of June 2019)