Colonel William A. “Alan” Rock is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection, and Nuclear Integration, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He directs policy and procedures affecting AFMC aircraft maintenance, as well as both nuclear and non-nuclear munitions, supply, logistics plans, transportation, civil engineering, force protection and logistics data systems.
Additionally, Col. Rock is responsible for developing and directing policy for the depot overhaul, repair and modification of Air Force weapon systems. As the staff lead for logistics and life cycle sustainment issues, he plans and coordinates product support and acquisition logistics for Air Force weapon systems.
Prior to assuming his current position, Col. Rock served as the Reserve Advisor to the Commander, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana.
Col. Rock enlisted in the military in 1983 and was commissioned through the Air Force Reserve Command Deserving Airman Program in 1993. He graduated from Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in business and finance.
1987 Associate of General Studies degree, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in Business and Finance, Louisiana State University, Shreveport
2002 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Master of Science in Financial Services, American College of Pennsylvania, Bryn Mawr
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School – Hybrid, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Virginia
1. August 1983 - September 1983, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. September 1983 - December 1983, Student, Tech School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. January 1984 - April 1987, 2d Field Maintenance Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
4. April 1987- December 1990, IRR, Buckley AFB, Colo.
5. December 1990 - July 1993, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear & High Yield Explosives Instructor, 917th Civil Engineering Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La
6. July 1993 - September 1995, Operations Management Officer, 47th Fighter Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
7. September 1995 - January 2000, Commander, 917th Security Forces Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
8. January 2000 - July 2000, Operations Officer, 610th Security Forces Squadron, Naval Air Station, Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
9. July 2000 - October 2008 , Defense Force Commander, 610th Security Forces Squadron, Naval Air Station, Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
10. October 2008 - September 2010, Deputy Chief, Security Forces, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station, Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
11. September 2010 - May 2015, Deputy Commander, 301st Mission Support Group, Naval Air Station, Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
12. May 2015 - September 2015, Individual Mobilization Assistant to Pacific Air Command Air Force Director of Logistics, Joint Reserve Base, Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
13. September 2015 - July 2017, Commander, 307th Mission Support Group, Barksdale AFB, La.
14. July 2017 - March 2019, Reserve Advisor to the Commander and Director of Reserve Affairs, Headquarters Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. April 2019 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short Tour
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 “M” Devices and hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with service star
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 13, 1993
First Lieutenant Sept. 11, 1995
Captain Oct. 8, 1998
Major March 25, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2009
Colonel Aug. 1, 2015
(Current as of April 2019)