Chief Master Sergeant Billie M. Baber is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Space Force Base, Colo. She represents the highest level of enlisted leadership in the center, which involves advising the commander on the matters influencing the health, morale, welfare and effective utilization of more than 500 active duty, guard, reserve and civilian employees both on site and at various operating locations across the nation. Chief Baber provides leadership and guidance as the commander's representative to numerous committees, councils, boards, military and civilian functions worldwide, impacting nearly 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Regular Air Force and retired members.
Chief Baber was born in El Paso, Texas. She entered the Air Force in 1996 and began her career as a Personnelist at Lackland AFB, Texas. While on active duty, she served at the wing and MAJCOM levels to include airmen assignments, force management and career development. She also served as an Airman Leadership School and Noncommissioned Officer Academy Instructor. Chief Baber transferred to the Air Force Reserve in 2007 and was assigned to the Lackland NCO Academy as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee. During this time she transferred into the Active Guard Reserve program where she served as Section Chief, Relocations and Employments, Air Force Reserve Systems Requirements Analyst, Superintendent, Future Operations & Integration, and Group Superintendent for the HQ Readiness and Integration Organization.
1996 Personnel Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Randolph AFB, Texas
2002 Associate of Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Associate of Instructor in Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Occupational Instructor Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence
2013 Bachelor of Science, Human Services, Magna Cum Laude, Wayland Baptist University
2015 Reserve Component National Security Course, Ft McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Buckley AFB, Colo.
2015 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2016 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, by correspondence
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Command Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2020 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. March 1996 - April 1996, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1996 - June 1996, Student, Personnel Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. June 1996 - December 1998, Commander Support Staff Apprentice, 37th Security Forces Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. December 1998 - September 2002, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Airman Assignments, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. September 2002 - September 2005, Airman Leadership School Instructor, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
6. September 2005 - December 2006, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Outbound Assignments, 377th Mission Support Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
7. December 2006 - July 2007, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Command Personnel, Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
8. July 2007 - November 2008, Noncommissioned Officer Academy Instructor, Lackland AFB, Texas
9. Nov 2008 - August 2009, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Career Development, 340th Flying Training Group, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. August 2009 - August 2012, Section Chief, Relocations and Employments, 340th Flying Training Group, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. August 2012 - February 2015, Air Force Fitness Management System II and Systems Requirements Manager, Air Force Personnel Operations Agency, Randolph AFB, Texas
12. February 2015 - February 2016, Air Force Reserve Systems Requirements Manager, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. February 2016 - June 2018, Superintendent, Future Operations and Integration, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
14. June 2018 - October 19, Group Superintendent, Headquarters, Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization, Buckley AFB, Colo.
15. October 2019 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Space Force Base, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
1997 37th Security Forces Squadron Airman of the Year
2000 John Levitow and Academic Achievement, Randolph AFB ALS
2004 Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe Instructor of the Year
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Kirtland AFB NCOA
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB SNCOA
2014 Headquarters Air Force Personnel Operations Agency SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant as of March 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2021)