Col. Woodcock is the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va. In this role, he provides guidance and advocacy for the Air Force nuclear enterprise and countering weapons of mass destruction mission.
Colonel Woodcock graduated from Duke University as a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps and entered active duty in 1994. His experiences span all aspects of the SF career field, including nuclear security, protection level 1, 2, and 3 aircraft security, law enforcement operations, deployed operations and logistics, air base defense, antiterrorism, force protection, and staff experience at the Major Command, Air Staff, and Office of Secretary of Defense levels.
He has held multiple squadron commands in both Air Combat Command and Air Mobility Command as well as tours on the Air Force Corporate Structure’s Installation Support Panel, as a Deputy Group Commander, and as part of Air Force Global Strike Command’s Innovation, Analyses and Leadership Development Directorate.
His most recent deployments were as the Director of Operations, 732 Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Balad AB, Iraq and Alternate Defense Force commander at Baghdad International and Tallil Air Bases.
1994 Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
1994 Bachelor of Arts, Russian, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
1994 Basic Security Police Officer Course (academic award), Lackland AFB, Texas
1995 Ground Combat Level IV (academic award), Ft Dix, N.J.
1997 Ground Combat Command Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1999 Master of Public Administration, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1999 Air Mobility Operations Course, Air Mobility Warfare Center, N.J.
1999 Phoenix Readiness Headquarters Course, Air Mobility Warfare Center, N.J.
1999 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2000 Phoenix Raven Qualification Course (Raven #16), Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2000 Squadron Officers School (residence)-Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Advanced Security Forces Officer Course (residence), Lackland AFB, Texas
2004 Presidential Management Fellow Training, Western Management Development Center, Denver, Colo.
2006 Leadership Potential Seminar, Western Management Development Center, Denver, Colo.
2007 Doctor of Management, Webster University, St. Louis, Miss.
2011 Master of Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Air Command and Staff College (residence) Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College (residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Inspector General Training Course, Washington D.C.
2019 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. June 1994 – November 1995, Flight Leader, 741st Missile Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
2. November 1995 – August 1997, Convoy Commander, 91st Security Police Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. August 1997 – June 1999, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
4. Jun 1999 – April 2001, Chief, Plans and Resources Branch, HQ Air Mobility Command Security Forces Directorate, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. April 2001 – December 2001, Executive Officer, HQ Air Mobility Command Security Forces Directorate, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. December 2001 – August 2004, Operations Officer, 4th Security Forces Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. August 2004 – March 2006, Presidential Management Fellow, Washington, D.C.
8. April 2006 – July 2010, Commander, 9th SFS, Beale AFB, Calif.; 7th SFS, Dyess AFB Texas; 23rd SFS, Moody AFB, Ga.; 22nd SFS, McConnell AFB, Kan.
9. July 2010 – June 2011, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2011 – May 2012, Installation Support Panel Staff Officer, Air Force Office of the Civil Engineer, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2012 – May 2013, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. October 2014 – August 2015, Deputy Commander, 377th Security Forces Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
13. October 2015 – May 2016, Chief, Security Forces Division, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, Ls.
14. September 2016 – September 2017, Chief, Leadership and Force Development Division, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. June 2013 – December 2019, Chief of Security Forces (IMA), Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
16. January 2020 – Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Iraqi Campaign Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with “M” device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major June 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel Aug 20, 2010
Colonel March 27, 2015
(Current as of January 2020)