Col. Sloan M. P. Pye is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Administrative Law, Office of The Judge Advocate General, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. Col. Pye assists the Director in providing advice and consultation to The Judge Advocate General, the Air Staff, Major Commands, and Field Operating Agencies on legal and policy matters affecting the Air Force and its people. She is also responsible for the development and mentorship to Air Force Reserve judge advocate generals and paralegals assigned to 32 offices at every level of command to include combatant commands.
Colonel Pye entered the Air Force in January 1998 and served on active duty as an assistant staff judge advocate and area defense counsel before separating in September 2005. Upon leaving active duty, she continued to serve in the Air Force Reserve, where she has been assigned to the wing, numbered air force, and Air Staff levels. In addition, she has served on extended active duty as an instructor and wing deputy and staff judge advocate. Prior to her current position, the colonel was the Individual Mobilization Assistant to the Total Force Advisor to The Judge Advocate General.
1994 Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Political Economy, Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Juris Doctor, with Honors, University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman
2002 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
1. April 1998 – January 2001, Claims Officer and Chief, Military Justice, McGuire Air Force Base (AFB), N.J.
2. January 2001 – June 2003, Chief, Operations Law; Chief, Civil Law; and Chief, Military Justice, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
3. June 2003 – June 2005, Area Defense Counsel, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
4. September 2005 – June 2008, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
5. June 2008 – September 2010, Military Justice Instructor, Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. September 2010 – October 2012, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
7. October 2012 – July 2015, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 18th Air Force, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. July 2015 – July 2017, Individual Mobilization Assistant to the Staff Judge Advocate, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
9. July 2017 – October 2019, Individual Mobilization Assistant to the Total Force Advisor to The Judge Advocate General, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. October 2019 – Present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Administrative Law, Office of The Judge Advocate General, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant Jan. 2, 1998
Captain July 2, 1998
Major Sept 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel July 19, 2010
Colonel April 1, 2015
(Current as of October 2019)