Col. Kandace M. Steinbrink serves as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, where she is responsible for providing personnel support to nearly 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve and Regular Air Force members, ensuring they are ready to deliver strategic Total Force warfighting capability for the Air Force. From initial entry to retirement, the center provides world-class support for “Generations of Airmen” throughout their military careers.
Col. Steinbrink was commissioned in 1997 as a Distinguished Graduate of the Academy of Military Science at McGhee-Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn. She has leadership positions at the squadron and group levels and had staff duty at the Numbered Air Force, Major Command, Air Staff and Joint levels.
Prior to her current position, Col. Steinbrink served as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director of Human Capital for United States Space Command, in this capacity, she oversaw the formation of the new combatant command, from establishing requirements to resourcing human capital and sustainment of these new assets, working with all services, active, reserve and guard components, the Joint Staff, and other relevant agencies.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Business Management and Organizational Development, Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, Colo.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Master of Art and Science, Military Operations and Leadership, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Norfolk, Va.
2017 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. June 1997 – October 1997, Crew Commander, DMSP Satellite, 7th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
2. October 1997 – April 1998, Crew Commander, DMSP Satellite, 8th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. April 1998 – June 1999, Quality Officer, 302d Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
4. June 1999 – August 1999, Transportation Officer, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. August 1999 – March 2004, Logistics Plans Officer, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
6. March 2004 – July 2005, Logistics Readiness Officer, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. July 2005 – August 2007, Executive Officer, 302d Mission Support Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. August 2007 – September 2007, Officer in Charge of Readiness, 302d Services Flight, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. September 2007 – October 2009, Commander, 302d Services Flight, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. October 2009 – May 2010, Assistant Deputy Director, A1, Headquarters Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
11. June 2010 – July 2011, Deputy Director, A1, Headquarters Fourth Air Force, March ARB, Calif.
12. July 2011 – July 2014, Chief, Training, Force Management, and Force Development, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. July 2014 – August 2015, Deputy Director, Commander’s Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. August 2015 – November 2017, Deputy Director, Air Force Reserve Senior Leader Strategy and Force Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. November 2017 – February 2020, Commander, 310th Mission Support Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
16. February 2020 – January 2021, IMA to the Director, Human Capital Directorate, United States Space Command, Schriever AFB, Colo.
17. January 2021 – Present, IMA to the Vice Commander, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two ‘M’ Devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 26, 1997
First Lieutenant June 26, 1999
Captain Sept. 13, 2001
Major April 10, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 10, 2012
Colonel Jan. 30, 2018
(Current as of Apr 2021)