Col. Gavin D. Tade is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Fifteenth Air Force, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina. Fifteenth Air Force organizes, trains, and equips its headquarters to prepare for and execute expeditionary taskings. Additionally, Fifteenth Air Force commands thirteen wings and three direct reporting units in the U.S., ensuring the operational readiness of more than 800 aircraft and 45,000 active duty and civilian members.
Col. Tade commissioned through the Academy of Military Science at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tennessee, and attended undergraduate pilot training at Reese Air Force Base, Texas. He has served as an F-16 Instructor Pilot and a Functional Check Flight pilot. He is a command pilot with more than 2,100 hours in the F-16 Fighting Falcon and MQ-9 Reaper. He has flown more than 100 combat hours over Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia in support of operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, FREEDOM SENTINEL, and OCTAVE SHIELD. He has also flown multiple missions in Operation NOBLE EAGLE. As commander of the 73rd aerial port squadron, he organized, trained, and equipped 35 Airmen and deployed them to combat in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. He served as the commander of the 944th Mission Support Group at Luke AFB, Arizona, where he deployed 176 Airmen to combat in operations ENDURING FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE and SPARTAN SHIELD. Col. Tade served as the Vice Wing commander of the 926th Wing at Nellis AFB, Nevada and the interim commander of the 44th Fighter Group at Eglin AFB, Florida. In his civilian capacity he is a captain with a major airline.
1992 Associate of Science degree in aviation pilot training, Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, Iowa
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in aviation technology, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Mo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Masters of Science in aviation safety, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Mo.
2017 Reserve Component National Security, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2022 Eurasia Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2022 National Security Management Course, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. November 1995 – November 1996, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training 64th Flying Training Wing, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 1996 – February 1997, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Fighter Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. February 1997 – September 1997, Student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 62nd Fighter Training Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
4. September 1997 – July 2005, Weapons and Tactics officer, 124th Fighter Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
5. July 2005 – June 2006, Weapons and Tactics officer, 457th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
6. July 2006 – August 2007, Standardization and Evaluation officer, 457th FS, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
7. September 2007 – September 2009, Aircrew Flight Equipment flight commander, 457th FS, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
8. October 2009 – December 2011, Assistant Director of Operations, 301st Operations Support Flight, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
9. January 2012 – May 2012, Director of Operations, 301st OSF, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
10. June 2012 – August 2015, Commander, 73rd Aerial Port Squadron, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
11. August 2015 – February 2017, Deputy Director for Operations and Plans A3/A5,10th Air Force, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
12. February 2017 – June 2019, Commander, 944th Mission Support Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. June 2019 – August 2020, Vice Commander, 926th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
14. April 2020 – August 2020, Commander, 44th Fighter Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. August 2020 – July 2021, A3 Chief of Standardization/Evaluation, 10th Air Force, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
16. July 2021 – present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Fifteenth Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2100
Combat hours: more than 100
Aircraft flown: T-3, T-6, T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16C and MQ-9A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Readiness Medal with five oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
2013 Univeristy of Central Missouri, Distinguished Alumni
2014 Indian Hills Community College, Outstanding Alumni
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 15, 1995
First Lieutenant Sept. 15, 1997
Captain Sept. 15, 1999
Major Oct. 9, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 15, 2012
Colonel May 1, 2017
(Current as of May 2022)