Provide, Integrate and Sustain ready Individual Reserve forces globally.
One trusted team making it easy to serve.
The Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness Integration Organization (HQ RIO) is located at Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado. Its mission is to seamlessly integrate wartime-ready Individual Reserve (IR) forces to meet Air Force and Combatant Commander requirements.
HQ RIO is responsible for managing the readiness of the IR force and standardizing the processes associated with getting our IRs to the fight. Seven detachments and eight operating locations at geographically-separated bases around the world assist the headquarters in this mission, providing direct oversight and support to more than 8,000 IR Airmen. The headquarters is located within the Air Reserve Personnel Center, where synergies are leveraged across the personnel and finance functions.
The IR force is comprised of Air Force Individual Mobilization Augmentees (IMAs) and Participating Individual Ready Reservists (PIRRs). Both IMAs and PIRRs augment active-component missions and are rated by active-component or government agency supervisors.
- Right Airmen…Recruit, support and retain our world-class talent
- Improve efficiency in assignments
- Effectively man to support all mission requirements
- Invest in Individual Reservist developmental opportunities
- Continue to recruit and retain Individual Reservist talent
- Ready & Available…Exceed readiness and mobility capabilities
- Improve Individual Reservist readiness
- Develop efficient orders process timelines
- Increase timeliness and accuracy of pay
- Ensure proper management of participation
- Relationship-minded…Connect with and deliver value to military and community partners
- Across Components, COCOMs, MAJCOMs & Agencies
- Within ARPC & RIO--Headquarters and Detachments
- Among family, civilian employers and community