17-005 - May IR Orientation open for applications
Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published January 20, 2017
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
The next Individual Reserve Orientation course is scheduled for May 15-19, 2017.
IMAs gained within the last 12 months are automatically eligible; IMAs gained more than 12 months prior to the class start date may attend with HQ RIO Detachment commander approval.
IR Orientations are provided twice a year at HQ RIO, Buckley AFB, Colorado. The course provides IRs with tools and information to effectively manage their Air Force career. Although this training is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
The deadline to apply to attend this course is Feb. 15, 2017. Please note that all attendees must be in RPA/School Tour status requested through AROWS-R. AT/IDTs cannot be utilized for IR Orientation attendance.
- Log-in to myPers (http://mypers.af.mil)
- Select "Incidents/Messages" under My Account (top left of home screen, below the myPers logo and site navigation bar)
- Select "Email Us"
- Component - "Air Reserve"
- Category - "Training"
- Subject - "IR Orientation May 2017"
- Question – Supply the required registration information listed below
Required registration information:
- Detachment assigned
- Name (Last Name, First Name)
- Contact number (duty phone or cell phone)
- E-mail address
- Is lodging being requested (yes or no)
- Travel mode
- HQ RIO Detachment commander endorsement (for IMAs gained more than 12 months prior to class date; contact servicing detachment to coordinate this)
Space is limited and applications must be received by Feb, 15, 2017. Please contact your servicing detachment with questions or concerns. Contact information can be found on the HQ RIO Directory and in the Detachments section.