Notice to IR Airmen -- New IR Orientation dates set
Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published May 16, 2017
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
Note: Registration deadline extended to June 29, 2017
Due to a lack of funding created by the repeated continuing resolutions and last minute budget passage, HQ RIO postponed the May 16-18 Individual Reservist Orientation (IRO) course.
IRs who were scheduled to attend this course have priority placement in two newly-scheduled course dates. The new dates are Aug. 1-3 and Sep 26-28.
Applications to attend either course must be received by June 29.
IRs who were confirmed for the canceled May IR Orientation must reply to the RNT/myPers incident they received via email to indicate their preferred course date. The deadline for these members to reply is also June 29.
IMAs gained within the last 12 months are also eligible to attend. IMAs gained more than 12 months prior to the class start date may attend with HQ RIO Detachment commander approval.
IR Orientations are provided twice a year at HQ RIO, Buckley AFB, Colorado. The course provides IRs with tools and information to effectively manage their Air Force career. Although this training is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
All attendees must be in a RPA/School Tour status (requested through AROWS-R). Annual tour and IDTs cannot be utilized for IRO attendance.
- Log-in to myPers (http://mypers.af.mil)
- Select "Incidents/Messages" under My Account (top left of home screen, below the myPers logo and site navigation bar)
- Select "Email Us"
- Component - "Air Reserve"
- Category - "Training"
- Subject - "IR Orientation August or September 2017" => depending your selection/availability
- Question – Supply the required registration information listed below
Required registration information:
- Detachment assigned
- Name (Last Name, First Name)
- Contact number (duty phone or cell phone)
- E-mail address
- Is lodging being request (yes or no)
- Travel mode
- HQ RIO Detachment commander endorsement
Space is limited and applications must be received by June 29. Please contact your servicing detachment with questions or concerns.