Nominations for JAYCEES TOYA awards due Nov. 1
Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published October 13, 2017
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
Nominations for the 2017 Jaycees Ten Outstanding Young Americans Award are due to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment by Nov. 1.
The TOYA program serves to recognize up to ten individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who exemplify the best attributes of the nation’s young people. Nominations are received in each of the ten categories listed below.
Honorees selected in past years have represented the heights of progress in all human endeavors. Many have gone on to even greater achievements. All have continued to serve humanity in a great variety of ways.
The United States Junior Chamber will honor the Ten Outstanding Young Americans each year at the TOYA Ceremony during the US Jaycee Annual Meeting held every June. The ceremony will highlight each winner’s career in narrative form and provide a stage from which the honorees can challenge and inspire young people from around the world. For each honoree, there will be a video presentation profiling his/her accomplishments, followed by the trophy presentation, and an acceptance speech.
Young men and women may be nominated in one of ten categories for the TOYA honor. An international panel of distinguished judges will select honorees. Up to ten top honorees will be selected from all nominations received, regardless of category entered.
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
- Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40.
- The nominee must be a native-born or naturalized citizen of the United States or must have applied for citizenship by January 1 of the preceding year.
- Date of the accomplishment or achievement does not matter
- Posthumous nominations are acceptable.
- JAYCEES TOYA nomination form
- A recommendation letter from the nomination organization’s commander stating that “A records check was conducted on (ENTER DATE) and revealed no information that would bring discredit to the award or the United States Air Force.”
- A good quality, 4" x 6" (10 cm x 15 cm) black-and-white, head-and-shoulders photograph must be submitted electronically with the official nomination form.
- Go-by name for the nominee.
Questions and concerns should be directed to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment or your local Airman and Family Readiness Center.