2018 IR Orientation course dates announced
Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published December 22, 2017
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
There are two upcoming Individual Reservists Orientations, scheduled for March 27-29, 2018 and May 22-24, 2018. The maximum number of attendees for each course is 80.
If you are an IMA gained within the last 12 months, you are automatically eligible to attend. IMAs gained more than 12 months prior to the course start date will need their detachment commander’s approval to attend. Contact your servicing HQ RIO Detachment via email to request approval.
IR Orientations are provided twice a year at HQ RIO, Buckley AFB, Colorado. The course provides IRs with tools and information to effectively manage their Air Force career. Although this training is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
The deadline to apply for March IR Orientation is Jan. 10; the deadline for the May IR Orientation is Feb. 1, 2018.
All attendees must be in a School Tour status, requested through AROWS-R. Annual tour or IDTs cannot be utilized for attendance. The HQ RIO Individual Reserve Readiness team will follow up with each attendee to confirm course admittance, pending seat availability.
- Log-in to myPers
- Select "Incidents/Messages" under My Account (top left of home screen, below the myPers logo and site navigation bar)
- Select "Email Us"
- Component - "Air Reserve"
- Category - "Training"
- Subject - "IR Orientation March 2018 or May 2018" (indicate which date you wish to attend)
- Question – Supply the required registration information listed below
- Detachment assigned
- Date gained to IMA program
- Name (Last Name, First Name)
- Contact number (duty phone or cell phone)
- E-mail address
- Is lodging being request (yes or no)
- Travel mode
- HQ RIO Detachment commander endorsement (for members gained more than 12 months prior to course start date)
Space is limited and applications must be received by deadlines listed above. Please contact your servicing HQ RIO Detachment with questions or concerns.
Did you know HQ RIO has mobile app just for IMAs? We recommend you download the RIO Connect IMA Mobile Wingman
, free from Google Play or the Apple App Store, to receive the latest updates on IR Orientation and to access news, resource and information for your IR career.