Nominations for Outstanding IR of the Year accepted until Mar. 22
By Master Sgt. Eric Amidon, Headquarters Individual Reservist Readiness and Integration Organization
/ Published February 22, 2019
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
Nomination packages for the 2018 Outstanding Individual Reservist of the Year Award are due to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment no later than March 22, 2019.
This award recognizes Individual Mobilization Augmentees and Participating Individual Ready Reserve members who distinguish themselves from their peers through job performance, community involvement and personal achievements.
Award period: Jan. 1, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2018
Military. All military personnel are eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- Nominee must not have had an open unfavorable information file (UIF) or control roster action during the award period for which the nomination is being submitted.
- Nominee must not have had any incidents of a discreditable nature, such as financial irresponsibility, disciplinary actions, administrative or non- judicial punishment, etc., during the award period for which the nomination is being submitted.
- Nominees must meet physical fitness standards during the award period.
- Nominee must be progressing satisfactorily within their specialty.
- Nominees are submitted in the category corresponding to the grade held during the majority of the award period.
- Enlisted: Airman (E-1 – E-4), NCO (E-5 – E-6), SNCO (E-7 – E-9)
- Officer: CGO (O-1 – O-3), FGO (O-4 – O-5)
Annual Nomination packages:
Nomination packages will consist of an AF Form 1206 and a Biography.
Annual submissions will be on AF Form 1206 and typed in bullet format. Submissions will be no more than 18 bullets (21 lines with headings) distributed in a 12/3/3 format. Each bullet will be graded on a 2 point scale at .5 point increments, with the total points equaling 36.
An official Air Force biography, limited to two pages is required. The photo on the biography is optional although recommended. A sample biography is attached.
Nomination headings for military and civilian categories:
- Leadership and Job Performance in Primary Duty.
- Significant Self Improvement.
- Base and Community Involvement.
Nomination packages are due to the member’s servicing detachment NLT 2359hrs, 22 March 2019.
Detachments are authorized two (2) nominations in each category. These nominations will be submitted through TMT to HQ RIO NLT 2359hrs, 5 April 2019.
Packages are due to your servicing HQ RIO Detachment by the suspense. Please contact your servicing HQ RIO Detachment for questions or concerns.